My favorite romantic city - Paris

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year

Paris is the city of my dreams. Its perfect in every way that I think about it, and every now and then your blogger is there to touch perfection and come back all inspired. 

Paris shoulders the cultural heritage spanning more than 10,000 years and yet manages to wow us. It has an unparalleled collection of arts in all its fathomable forms, fine arts, sculpture, haute couture, you name it, the French can turn anything under the sun into an art-form. Is displays mind boggling representations of various  architectural forms from Medieval and Neo-Roman to the post modernist and everything in between; yet one finds such uniformity that every frame, no matter where you stand is picture perfect morning, day or night!

Its iconic and preserved  monuments make Paris one of the most visited tourist destinations. The melt-in-your-mouth gourmet desserts, from mousse du chocolat to creme brulee, from the tarts to the delicate macaroons, from the madelines.....oh I could go on, make you taste a slice of heaven in every bite. 

I love the morning ritual of starting my day with a warm butter croissant and a coffee when I am in Paris and I know everyone does it.

I have to be reigned in when I get out shopping onto Champ Elysee, Rue du Rivoli, Rue Saint Honroe, or Rue Etienne Marcel; almost everyone of these streets is capable of making me compel to loosen my purse-strings. I am in the Fashion capital of the world, its natural.

I'll leave you with some images that left me enchanted and obvoiusly follow it up with some very interesting people that I met.....so keep watching this space.

Au Revoir Paris and I'll be back soon...

Au Revoir Paris and I'll be back soon...

I love a walk along the Seine with the beautiful buildings all around.

Can I ever get enough of going there

There is always an arty surprise at every corner

Do I even need to explain it.

 A paradise for shoppers, be it shopping or window shopping


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Ideas!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs